Tuesday 30 September 2008

Web Site Translations

The following letter from Josef gives me a chance to show visitors to this site from across the world how easy it is to get written web content translated (through Google) into languages that they might be more familiar with than English. It's absolutely free and at my last count you have a selection of 23 languages to choose from such as Arabic, Chinese, German, Greek, Hindi, Japanese and so forth. For example, the Polish translation of this web page is at http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fyourspirituality.blogspot.com%2F&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=en&tl=pl (If anybody has difficulties in getting a translation done, you can email me through the link elsewhere on this page and I will be happy to try and help you.)

Hallo Andre,

My Name is Josef and I live in Germany (State Niedersachsen, City Burgwedel). I found the writings of Nicol Campbell in the internet, when I was looking for Authors of Divine Science. The writings are fantastic. But there are all in english. Maybe you can help me.

Do you know, exist a German Version of the writings? Or do you know people in Germany, who are members of the school of truth? I want to learn more about it,because I´m very, very interested. And I want to know a litter bit more about Mr. Campbell. Where does he live, how old is he, etc.?

About my person: I´m 36 years old, married and have 4 children. I grow up in a baptist church and visit it for many years. 3 Years ago I left the church. 2 ago a friend says to me: Josef, where is no hell! Ok, I said, I will look in the bible, maybe I´m wrong. And I found out, I was wrong. This was the first step in thinking about my religion, and religion at all. Now I, I hope so , on the "The Path of Truth". I´m looking for your answer. Thank you very much. Many greetings from Germany,

Josef

Dear Josef,

Thank you for your kind email. Nicol Campbell, who lived in Johannesburg, South Africa, was the founder of the worldwide organization, The School of Truth, which serves its members through its regular spiritual magazine, the Path of Truth and whose lecturers conduct regular sessions here in South Africa. He passed on some years ago and as far as I know, his work does not exist in German.

However I do know that Google offers a free translation service of written website content. Go to http://translate.google.com/translate_t and have a look. They tell you exactly how to do it and its very easy. Once you have done that, you will be given a web address for the new German-content web site. As an example, I have had the opening page of Spiritual Truth Made Easy translated for you. You can view it like this: highlight the following, then copy and paste the address into your web browser and it will take you there: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fyourspirituality.blogspot.com%2F&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=en&tl=de

When you have translated all the pages you are interested in, (it takes literally only seconds to do) you may decide to tell your friends and family about the this site. You will find that it has links to other rich resources, including the site of the School of Truth itself: http://wjm.0catch.com/School_of_Truth.html

I am sending your email on to the School of Truth and I am sure they will contact you regarding membership. You have entered upon the path of Truth and we send you warm greetings and encouragement. This web site tries to serve as a resource for people on the Path and I am happy to hear that it has interested you. Please come back again and again. You may also use the email address above, “pathoftruth@mweb.co.za“, to contact them directly about the magazine.

God’s richest Blessings to you and yours.

Andre

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quality of the translations is very bad. Try this: have google translate a paragraph from your website into a different language. Then take that text and translate it back into English. Anyone who reads it will know that it was not translated by a native speaking human!

http://www.pandltranslations.com

TEXT said...

Yes, fair comment. But I ask myself, what is worse, a bad translation rather than none at all? The Truth about Spirituality is not complicated. This is not like poetry where a nuance of language can change a meaning. Other comments will be most welcome.